Friday, January 9, 2009

Beth's Glazy Crazy Cocktail Franks




OK, OK, not the best photo, I know, but what can I say? I need to plan ahead better. Many years ago, when I was young and single, my roommate Beth and I used to have parties all the time. She made these cocktail franks that had people practically licking the toothpicks they used to spear the little devils. These are sure-fire winners, easy and delicious. Dump all the ingredients in a pot and cook the crap out of them. I'm serious--cook (uncovered) for about 2 to 3 hours--you want the little dogs to get all shriveled and glazy.

BETH'S GLAZY CRAZY COCKTAIL FRANKS

several packs (3,4,5??) cocktail franks or cocktail smokies
1 box light brown sugar
1 bottle seafood cocktail sauce
1 bottle beer


Add all ingredients to pot and cook, uncovered, for several hours. That's it!

2 comments:

Steve Willis said...

How do you get the orange nuclear glow on the wienies? I've tried both the Haldron collider and a nuclear test reactor and can't get the same effect.

Martwork said...

It was the lighting. The camera. The photographer. NOT the hot dogs!!